Boomers - Yes, We Are Going to Die (and some of our colleagues already had)

 


Along with being the first generation who en masse work well beyond 65, we boomers are juggling the reality that we are going to die - and maybe soon. 

Both have been overwhelm. Yes, we push to keep up with how much change there is in our industries as we blow up the traditional concept of retirement. But also, as we scroll the internet, we are bunking into the obituaries of our peers.

There was the memorial about Gary Francis Pastorius, a colleague who was my age. He was in the policy division of Chevron. I was in executive communications. We had kept in touch until we lost touch. I scrambled to get contact information for his wife. I wanted to express my sympathy. Oh, no. She too had died. 

The same evening I discovered that a college acquaintance - Kathleen Huebner - had passed over. Someone from college? That sort of thing seemed to have happend way too early in my journey toward acceptance of my own death.

In doing Tarot readers with other boomers who simultaneously have professional goals and are preparing those end-of-life legal documents I know one thing: As soon as they shift from preoccupation with the self to a service ethos the heaviness lifts. Perhaps for the first time in their long lives they experience lightness of being.

What kind of service? It could be as simple as taking the garbage to the dumpster for a mobility-challenged neighbor. Now and then I provide pro-bono Tarot readings to those in obvious pain. Magically I get liberated from myself. 


Jane Genova * Tarot Card Reader * Intuitive Coach * Medium.

Opening Yourself to Inner Peace, Self-Love and New Success

Deep Listening and Compassion.

For an appointment, please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text/phone 203-468-8579.

Credit cards. PayPal. Zelle. Cash


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

The Elite Psychics - Cassanda Vanzant Provides Solution for Getting Clarity, Finally

J. Michael Cline's Pain