The Tarot - So Wonderfully No-Tech

Sure, the Microsoft CoPilot Super Bowl commercial made the AI app look cool. 

But would I pay for it, in addition to my $79.99 Microsoft Office 365 annual licensing, Best Buy Premium membership (which I love) and every now and then remote just-in-time software fixes by BoxAid (which is there for me when I am on deadline and flipped out)? Fold into that also the wonderful HP laptop I purchased last November that the Geek Squad at Best Buy in Niles, Ohio set up for me, including a data transfer. In addition, there are also the expenses of the gee-whiz printer, the cartridges, paper and gas consumed in buying all that.

I just completed my taxes and so many of the business expense deductions are for whatever is on the IT continuum. 

CoPilot, as Super Bowl viewers know, is targeted at entrepreneurs like myself. It supposedly will pitch in as my assistant with sundry tasks. They range from summarizing email to creating documents. I can plug it into Word. 

But, so far, as The Wall Street Journal reports, those testing it out are underwhelmed with the value created. The issue is if the 30 bucks per user in an office environment is “worth it?”

I am not in the “office.” For me, it comes down to: Would I even be willing to pay $10?  And do I want the trauma of adjusting to another add-on?

A little background. Way back in the early 1980s I, a speechwriter at Chrysler, was among the first office users of the PC. It was what Xerox had commercialized from the prototype Steve Jobs had spotted at its Palo Alto Research Center in 1979. Since then, I have navigated many revolutions in hardware and software. Frankly, in 2024, I don't welcome too much new and improved.

Of course, in my three enterprises, I apply ChatGPT. It delivers benefits. But as yet I am sticking with the free version. I found AI Grammarly, which a client insisted I access, inaccurate and clunky. Good riddance to it when that my business moved on from that client. Even though I do lots of phone tasks my under $200 Android is more than adequate. 

Actually, I feel blessed that more of my income is derived from in-person intuitive coaching and mystical Tarot readings. Technology is not involved, with the exception of an analog timer I wind up for 15-to-60-minute appointments and payments processed through PayPal and Zelle. 

No, I am not a Luddite. In 2005, I was an early adopter of the newfangled medium of blogging. In volunteering I motivate the elderly to learn social media. But my gut (after all, I am an intuitive) tells me - and should tell investors - that not every AI will be a commercial blockbuster. Developers should choose their projects by factoring in the growing fatigue with what is touted to save time but may not. What requires a learning curve. And what is an added expense in this era of cost-efficiency.  

Incidentally, my coaching clients in professional services such as law lament the ongoing changes in software.



No wonder, as The New York Times documented, the mystical, that is no-tech, Tarot is catching fire. That’s even among Knowledge Workers. 

Tarot Card Reader. Intuitive Career Coach. Medium.

Don’t Give Up Before the Miracle.

Empathy and compassion.

No-pressure complimentary consultation about the answers you need. Then, fees custom-made for your budget.

For an appointment, please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text 203-468-8579.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)