Arizona - The Rescue Dog Who Rescued Me

 

Arizona was, well, a rescue dog. But, as it usually turns out, it was the pet parent - me - who got rescued. We were together from January 3, 2021 until June 7, 2023.

As the meme from "Amazing Grace" hammers, I was lost and Arizona was among those who helped me find a new me, both personally and professionally. Others nudging me toward something included meditation leader Richard Wilder, the mystics Dottie/Al Heindl at Metamorphosis Spiritual Center and city girl good listener Charlene Lasater. 

Last Saturday, Arizona and I had a glorious afternoon at Lake Erie. That was the last one of those for us. Although I never knew her exact age, the medical opinion was that she was 13 or 14. 

It seemed to unfold slo mo but the downward cycling actually was fast. I began to lose Arizona. The Italian mama in me cooked up a storm, hoping she would eat.

Yesterday the empathic Dr. Jennifer Meranda and her team at Pleasant Animal Hospital helped Arizona pass over with gentleness and immersed in love. 

Today Arizona sent a signal to me as I meditated that she is free of pain. Molly, a dog I had parented since when she was a puppy to just before her 13th birthday, is showing Arizona the ropes over in that other dimension. 

I know that I am blessed to have had all these givers in my life. Probably I took too much. I hope to give back by taking into my life another rescue dog.

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)