Sigmund Freud Is Back - But For Tarot Readers His Concepts Never Went Underground

 The Freudian approach to therapy caught fire in America in the mid-20th century. We boomers, The First Therapy Generation, flocked to be psychoanalyzed. How we talked in public about what our psychanalysts said mirrored a The New Yorker cartoon.

For three times a week for three years David W. Harder, now retired from a professorship in psychology at Tufts, guided me in unlocking my unconscious. I have a hunch that all became imprinted on my neural networks. 

No surprise, I currently work full-time as a Tarot reader. Just like the psychoanalyst we Tarot readers struggle to open the clients’ unconscious so that they can gain insight and modify behavior. In April 2021 The New York Times reported that use of the Tarot can be a tool for self-awareness and introspection.

This morning I worked with a client whose father had died in a car accident. As Freud hammered, I emphasized there are no accidents. We dug into the possibility of a passive suicide.

For years ago I was stuck in trying to hang onto a career in communications which I had outgrown and for which demand had slowed. Compensation was also deflating. Yes, I had had an accident - my fault, including being ticketed for a moving violation.

That certainly jarred material from my unconscious about the need to struggle to search for another career path. Along the way, I was blessed. Beginning in March 2020 the chair of law firm Paul Weiss Brad Karp paid attention to what I was up to. That grafted on confidence. Eventually I ramped out of content-creation into full-time Tarot readings. A side hustle is intuitive career coaching.

In the larger sphere of general psychotherapy, DNYUZ documents that Freudianism is back. More are entering training to become psychoanalysts. 

I attribute this partly to the disappointment in rationalism as a source of knowledge, connecting, and healing. In freshman biology we boomers learned all about the scientific method. Science became our religion. In addition, lawyers, both fictional and real, became celebrities. We began to speak in terms of what was “evidence-based.” Now look at what the fascination with law has gotten us: entangled in litigation, regulation, and services the average person can’t afford.

Interestingly, much like in the days of the heyday for Freudianism in America, the majority of my Tarot-reading clients use the language of the unconscious. It isn’t their second language. It is their first.

I have a prediction. Mystical religions such as Catholicism and the Jewish Kabbala will start incorporating more of Freudianism into their lexicons. That will be how they will engage.

Tarot Card Reader. Medium. Intuitive Career Coach.

No-pressure complimentary consultation about what you want. Then, fees custom-made for your budget.

For an appointment, please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text 203-468-8579.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)