Privacy - Why People Get Tarot Readings Instead of Spilling Their Guts at Support Groups

"We're supposed to share at support groups, right. Well I shared and all the crazies moved in with unasked-for advice. Brutal lesson learned."

That's what a middle-aged woman told me. She was explaining why she was coming for her very first Tarot reading. This time she wanted what she called "protection" from the mob. And for her drinking problem she had switched over from a no-cost support group to paid outpatient one-on-one therapy. That was also for privacy.

Sure, support groups can do good. The four months I had attended weekly Codependent Anonymous meetings provided tremendous insight on my compulsion to have all people think well of me. How exhausting that had been. However, I did not spill my guts. I knew: All of us members of the group were "sick'' - and some were sicker than others. 

Takeaway: Be circumspect in support groups, especially those not monitored by trained professionals. 

Tarot Card Reader. Medium. Intuitive Career Coach.

No-pressure complimentary consultation about what you want. Then, fees custom-made for your budget.

For an appointment, please contact janegenova374@gmail.com.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)