Citi May Be Giving Us Coaches a Bad Rap

"The bank [CIti}, which has given employees more latitude to work from home than competitors like Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, is calling employees back in for 'the coaching they need' if their productivity slips," - Linkedin News, January 18, 2023 

Yeah, bring on the coaches. And embedded forever in the collective ethos of that organization could be to steer clear of anything called "coaching." We whose mission is to help professionals learn to help themselves in their careers could be branded as The Enemy.

So, it should be no surprise that more professionals come to me for a Tarot reading than for the coaching part of my practice. They want insight not "oughts." Many have been what they perceive as "victims" of coaches. Just as in some forms of psychotherapy there was the posturing of the coach as all-knowing and the coachee as needing much improvement.

Organizations need to create a new lexicon for guidance. Why not try out a fun concept such as The Posse Is Here. When I transitioning from full-time corporate to consulting myriad creatures joined together and arrived in my life to reset most of me for that new career path. Within seven months I was earning 39% more than I had as a corporate employee.

More recently as technology started eating my lunch, dinner, and breakfasat in content-creation, I shifted to the coaching/tarot-reading for 90% of my work. There they were in that beast of a transition -different kinds of creatures to rescue me from self-doubt, the imposter sydrome, and more.  

Smart intuitive career and communications coaching, including using the tarot. Try it, with a five-minute complimentary session. Totally confidential. Then fees customized for your unique budget.

Please make an appointment with janegenova374@gmail.com

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)