Mixing in Blue Collar Straight Talk with Tarot Card Mysticism

 As more and more white collar workers get bludgeoned like baby seals in the labor market, what is happening is that Ah-Ha moment: Hey, maybe blue collars such as plumbers, welders, and long-distance truck drivers have something good going for them. 

No, I've never been a blue collar. My family had been. Even in those high school part time jobs which teach us how to conduct ourselves in the work place the tasks were white collar. Like so many in my boomer generation I was the first to attend college in my family and career paths were all white collar. On none of them was my blue collar background a plus. Yes, I had to take on the protective coloring of someone reared in a family of accountants and college professors and middle managers. Some inner voice, like a Greek Chorus, warned me: Don’t let “The Jersey City” show.

Now, as we all know that respected ethos of being a white collar is coming undone. Some who are losing jobs, especially if they are over-55, may never again land another white collar job. 

A side effect of this recognition of the insecurity of white collar work is the longing for straight talk about how to earn a good living. I grew up in pre-gentrified Jersey City, New Jersey in a downtown ethnic neighborhood. It was only straight talk – the survival kind - about getting, holding, and moving on to better work. Somehow I hung onto to that, despite overeducation, which included Harvard Law School. 

And use the straight talk I do in doing career-oriented Tarot readings. Over and over clients thank me, relieved that I am zeroing in on the real stuff of the struggle to earn a good living. 

The mysticism of the Tarot is profound. But its wisdom won't reach most people unless it's translated into down-to-earth language. That's the gift my blue collar background has allowed me to bring to my clients.

Reflection: Are those who have only experienced the white collar whatever at a disadvantage in this scary economy? 

In transition in your career? Need more income? Healing from a professional setback? I can help you through Intuitive career coaching.

“On the menu” of services are Tarot readings, both spreads and one-card pulls. In April 2021, The New York Times featured the Tarot as a useful tool for self-awareness and introspection.

Complimentary consultation. Fees Custom-made for Your Budget. Please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text 203-468-8579. Website: https://janegenovaintuitivecareercoaching.blogspot.com/

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)