Getting Good-and-Lost - The Chariot Tarot Card

 "The obstacle course of achievement under capitalism isn't built to teach pathfinding, it's built to teach compliance with a present path." Chapter on The Chariot in "Tarot for Change," by Jessica Dore.

That has been the source of suffering for so many of us who are "forced" to follow what society considers a "solid" career path. 

“Solid” is often code for “lucrative.” In the current volatility, though, that might not be so solid. And/or, it might not satisfy our need for purpose. 

However, once it might have. But we change. The world changes. Our field of expertise changes. Compensation changes.

When caught in that crisis there is no "permission" in capitalism to get lost in possibility. There is no “license” assigned to Try This/Try That. Instead the message is to glue yourself fast to what else is, yes, "solid." No, don’t get cute contemplating the unique kind of fit for both paying the bills and having  purpose-directed workmanship.

Those who come for a Tarot reading when in that agony frequently wind up pulling The Chariot Card. The image on that card is the person traveling in the vehicle who essentially is gliding. There is no tight hold on anything. Rather there is a trust that there will be a heading in the right direction. And that direction is the right one for all in the loop. 

What that entails, of course, is a letting-go. As Dore points out, there is now glorification of fierce focus, with the usual willpower to go along with that.

Recently, I did my daily one-card pull for myself before I started my day. I had been caught up in the non-stop pain of a severe professional disappointment. Meditation. Talking with my spiritual counselor. Praying. I still couldn’t shake the pain.

Here is the background. For 25 months I had "lobbied" Chairperson of top law firm Paul Weiss Brad Karp to contract for my communications services. (I operate several boutiques.)

In April 2022, Karp granted my wishes. I was over the moon since it was a retainer arrangement. Wow. Now I was going to accomplish big things in communications for Paul Weiss.

Let's sum it up this way: The fit with middleman on the account Chief Marketing Officer Luke Ferrandino – there was none. Of course, Karp had to delegate that supervisory role. I was a very small moving part in that powerhouse law firm, both for litigation and transactional law.

As I experienced the situation, there was no real work assigned by Ferrandino. Talk about illusion. I resorted to blogging about the firm to simulate a work product. 

Since there had been no contract outlining my duties, no metrics on how my performance would be assessed, and no NDA setting boundaries on what I could disclose or not disclose, there was only high ambiguity. Scared? You bet. 

Within two months I was in such a state of professional self-doubt. I pulled the plug. 

When I drew The Chariot Card I had the gestalt: Big Law and Me – maybe not such a hot fit.

I have shut down my syndicated blog Law and More, which had been an influencer since August 2006.

I am no longer encouraging large law practices to consider me for assignments.

I invest no cognitive energy into interpreting the fine points of the status of a legal action. That is, the real ones. I do obsess about the nuances of the law for the fictional as in “Where The Crawdads Sing.”

As yet, I haven’t found a replacement for that income from legal communications. Some would call me “lost.” I would agree with them. But I have trust that I will align with  purpose.

What coud be that purpose? It could be to channel my psychic gifts full-time to provide relief from suffering. That would be through reading of the Tarot for professionals who also need to get good-and-lost.

The challenge for all of us searchers is to remain good-and-lost long enough to connect with both the individual unconscious and the collective conscious of whatever constitutes energy. 

 Purpose-driven intuitive career coaching, including Tarot Readings. For more information or a complimentary consultation, please contact janegenova374@gmail.com or text 203-468-8579. Website: https://janegenovaintuitivecareercoaching.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Long Half-Life of Trauma: Did Prince William Marry His Mother?

Yes, There Are Content Workers - Many of Them Are Freelancers

The Long Half Life of The Feel-Good (from doing good)