Mental Illness & Openness: Dial It Back
I put it to clients this way:
"Suppose you've been injured in car accident. You want the best lawyer around. Would you hire the one who's open about their clinical depression? I bet you'd wonder if they could lapse into an episode when representing you ..."
That client, naive I've concluded, has been too open about their mental illness. It's a combo platter of anxiety attacks and imposter syndrome. Given that they're ambitious and functioning well at work, I present to them that their disclosures are risky. No surprise, the first card in the tarot deck is The Fool.
The message of The Fool card is to calculate carefully each and every risk.
Sure, in some circles of society there is lot of interest in mental illness. Empathy too.
But I also hammer:
"For the snippets of attention you receive and what may seem like compassion, you could be trading off credibility. Advancement on the job. Probability of being hired after a layoff."
Therapyspeak is very in. Boomers used to call that "psychobabble." But there are many other items to introduce in establishing social relationships.
Actually, young people could be doing their generation a service by reorienting interaction about what positions and packages you as a winner. Someone to hire. The go-to. The one who gets promoted in the era when the ladder has been pulled away.
Sometimes I get this pushback: "But, I want to be honest."
My reply:
"But, you don't have to volunteer information which can be held against you. And, it probably will."
You deserve success, deep
connections and inner peace.
Let’s Remove what's
blocking that with an Inspired Tarot Reading.
Yes, You Can Ask One Free
Question To Find Out More about my psychic Gift.
Jane Genova, 3rd Generation
Psychic 203-468-8579, janEgenova374@gmail.com

Comments
Post a Comment