Pain: Seeing Others Age

 "The whole first 35 minutes of my college reunion was visually and emotionally reaching back through the years. I was reconstructing how they used to look."

They continued:

"It took going to a bar afterward to settle down my head in the now. That's when the ROI kicked in for that expensive trip back to New Haven, Connecticut. We shared insights what we had learned about life since graduation."

That's how a 50-something client for a tarot reading described their pain. The event had been three weeks ago. But the shock of coming close up to a group's aging remained traumatic. It was downright irrelevant to them how those aging classmates had fared professionally. In our reading, no surprise, the Wheel of Fortune card didn't come up.


What did emerge was The Chariot card. 


Its message is: Radical Acceptance. Obviously, aging is embedded in a life. The pain comes from not the reality per se. Its source is resistance to that reality.

Gently I tutored them in a fundamental psychological principle: If you spot it, you got it. 

The discomfort of encountering aging on such a mass scale is really about the recognition that you too have aged. Maybe significantly. The situation unfolding in that first 35 minutes is about your own shock that aging has really happened. And there are probably decades more of that for you as well as for them. 

Given our online culture more and more this psychic blow-out happens virtually. Recently I reached out to a former colleague via Facebook. After we became comfortable with each other they shared not only their health problems but also the details of caretaking a spouse with dementia.

It was tough to filter that through my initial extreme preoccupation for what they had accomplished in their field. Then it hit: I was in a similar pickle, only without caretaking responsibility. Actually, I had to modify the latter. 

My dog Bentley is heading toward age 11. I had been trying not to see that.



An effective mindset changer for a shift to radical acceptance is "Necessary Endings" by executive coach Henry Cloud. 

Had I not ended in Manhattan that phase of how I earned a living I wouldn't be working today. Yes, I had aged out of that metro market. In April 2012, I packed the car and headed west to less-age-biased Arizona.

You deserve success, deep connections and inner peace.

Let’s Remove what's blocking that with an Inspired Tarot Reading. 

Yes, You Can Ask One Free Question To Find Out More about my psychic Gift.

Jane Genova, 3rd Generation Psychic 203-468-8579, janEgenova374@gmail.com

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Career Shift - Letting Go of "Who You Used to Be"

New York Metro Area in the 1950s: Growing Up Like Jeffrey Epstein (but we didn't become monsters)

The Scenic Route and Other Pivots Away from Efficiency